Dr. Robert Groves Appeared on C-SPAN's "Washington Journal": Women in the WorkforceView archived segment on C-SPAN
Census Bureau Director Robert Groves appeared on C-SPAN's "Washington Journal" on Friday, August 12, discussing women in the workforce.
Census Bureau Reports:
Employment and Labor Force Participation
- Opting Out, Scaling Back, or Business-As-Usual? An Assessment of Women's Employment Hours in 92 Occupations
- Employment Status of Married-Couple Families by Presence of Own Children Under 18 Years: 2008 and 2009 [PDF]
- Labor Force Participation Rate for Selected Age Groups: 2008 and 2009 [PDF]
- Income, Poverty and Health Insurance in the United States: 2009 [PDF]
- Detailed Occupation and Median Earnings: 2008
- Men's and Women's Earnings for States and Metropolitan Statistical Areas: 2009 [PDF]
- Metros, Money, Manpower: Exploring and Gender Earnings Gap Across U.S. Labor Markets and Occupations
Other Reports and Information
- Educational Attainment in the United States: 2010 - Detailed Tables
- The Hours We Work: Are They Occupationally Determined?
- Fertility of American Women
- Women Business Owners
Sources for the information:
Economics and Statistics Administration Reports:
- Women in America: Indicators of Social and Economic Well-Being [PDF]
(U.S. Department of Commerce, Economics and Statistics Administration)
- Women-Owned Businesses in the 21st Century
Note: The Bureau of Labor Statistics releases substantial information on working women:
[PDF] or denotes a file in Adobe’s Portable Document Format. To view the file, you will need the Adobe® Reader® available free from Adobe. This symbol indicates a link to a non-government web site. Our linking to these sites does not constitute an endorsement of any products, services or the information found on them. Once you link to another site you are subject to the policies of the new site.