The Census Bureau has several programs to assist journalists in using Census Bureau data. Our staff –
- Prepare news releases and similar items for news organizations.
- Alert media about significant statistics in Census Bureau reports and data files.
- Publish newsletters and briefs to help you locate the information you need.
- Represent the Census Bureau to professional news organizations such as state press associations and broadcaster associations.
- Prepare interviews for use on radio and video news releases.
- Guide journalists to Census Bureau specialists.
Telephone Contacts for Data Users – printed version of list of specialists and telephone numbers
Media Subscribers – get Census Bureau news releases via e-mail
Embargoed Releases – apply for access to embargoed releases