William D. Elmore
Associate Administrator, Office of Veterans Business Development
U.S. Small Business Administration
Responsible for comprehensive outreach to, and the formulation, execution, and promotion of policies and programs of the Administration that provide assistance to small business concerns owned and controlled by veterans, small business concerns owned and controlled by service-disabled veterans and small business concerns owned and controlled by Reserve component members of the U.S. Military. Acts as an ombudsman for full consideration of veterans in all Administration programs.
- Formulates & executes programs and policies of the Administration for veterans.
- Manages Veterans Business Outreach Center, District Office-Veterans Outreach Initiative, SBA Reserve & Guard Initiative,
and EO 13360 & 13540 implementation.
- Manages the EBV, Endure and Grow and V-WISE programs for veterans, reservists and family members.
- Assists internal & external partners improve or create veterans business programs.
- Represents the Administrator to external Committees and organizations.
- Manages the SBA Advisory Committee on Veterans Business Affairs.
- Established the Patriot Express (PX) Pilot Loan Initiative.
- Implemented enhancements for veterans and reservists in Small Business Development Centers, SCORE, 7a & 504 loan programs,
Surety Bonding, Military Reservists Economic Injury Disaster Loan program, government procurement programs, and District
Office-Veterans Outreach Initiative.
- Secured inclusion of Reserve & Guard members in SBA Veterans Outreach.
- Implemented provisions of PL 105-135, PL 106-50, PL 108-183 & 110-186.
Former SDV small business owner, and, former principal, St. Louis Veterans Service Center, providing free transition assistance, business training, job placement, housing, and myriad other services to thousands of veterans and families for 2+ decades.
Volunteer initiator, P.L.105-135 and P.L.106-50, Co created:
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs VET Center program.
- SBA Veterans Entrepreneur Training (VET) program.
- The National Coalition for Homeless Veterans.
- VA Homeless Veterans Grant and Per-Diem Program.
- SBA Veterans Affairs Task Force for Entrepreneurship.
- Resolution Trust Corporation Veterans Affordable Housing Disposition Program.
- Southwestern Bell Telephone Service Disabled Veterans Procurement Program.
- The 1980 SBA Pechin Report on Veterans.