M.A. “Mike” Little
Since founding B&W Technologies in 1997, Mike Little has served as the executive leader of all the B&W enterprises. A visionary, who is recognized for his ability to capably develop corporate strategies to acquire and build new business, he is proficient at aligning appropriate resources to address the ever-changing needs of his clients–federal agencies, local government, community businesses, as well as Fortune 500 companies. With over two decades of managerial experience and expert skills in strategic planning, business development, customer service, and community relations, he began his career as a systems analyst specializing in human resources data systems in the U.S. Air Force. Active in the community and astute in identifying opportunities, Mr. Little also uses his entrepreneurial expertise to build alliances with other companies–helping small businesses network and advance their participation in governmental and private ventures.
Previous assignments included:
- 1996 - 1997 Director of Business Development, Diverse Technologies Corporation
- 1995 - 1996 Senior Computer Science Analyst, TOMCO Systems, Inc.
- 1992 - 1994 Chief Operating Officer, Homeowners Association Management, Inc.
- 1984 - 1992 Project Manager and Senior Systems Analyst, Datamax Associates, Inc.
- 1983 - 1984 Systems Analyst, Systems Research and Development Corporation
- 1976 - 1983 Systems Analyst and Assistant Personnel Systems Manager, U.S. Air Force
- International Personnel Management Association
- Society for Human Resources Management
- American Society for Training and Development
- National Black Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Prince George’s County Board of Trade Board of Directors
- Treasurer, Prince George’s Black Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Treasurer, Bowie State University Foundation Board of Directors
- Co-Chair, Corporate and Business Task Group, Bowie State University
- Advisory Committee to the Office of Institutional Advancement, Bowie State University
- Employer Advisory Board for the High-Tech Training Program, Bowie State University
- School-Based Management Team, Fort Foote Elementary School
- Citizen Advisory/Accessibility for All Committees, Washington Transportation Planning Board
- Maryland Stakeholder’s Panel for the Woodrow Wilson Bridge
- Life Member, the NAACP of Prince George’s County
- Coalition of Concerned Black Christian Men
- Good Scout Award, National Capital Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America, 2002
- Tom Joyner Hardest Working Meritorious Service Award, 2002
- Silver Torch Award, Bowie State University, 2002
- Entrepreneur of the Year, National Black Chamber of Commerce, 2002
- Small Business of the Year, NAACP of Prince George’s County, 2002
- Maryland Business Philanthropy Award, Maryland Chamber of Commerce, 2001