Release Notes: July 2007This release of the IDB contains revised estimates and projections for several countries . .
1. Expansion of the projections to age 100+ for selected countries:
In order to better project countries with increasing numbers of people in the oldest ages, we have started converting our projections to be performed on data by single years of age up to 100 years and over. For this update, the following countries were updated::
- Czech Republic
2. New data and/or analysis. New data and/or analyses have been incorporated into the estimates and projections for the following countries or areas:
- American Samoa
- Macau S.A.R.
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Puerto Rico
- Virgin Islands
3. Country changes. The following country changes are included in this update::
- Yugoslavia is now called Serbia and Montenegro.