|| Acquisition Home || Who We Are || Opportunities || Marketing to BOC || Toolkits || Helpful Links || General Info || Feedback ||
2010 DRIS home || Library || RFP
Note: Answers to questions 8 and 11 were added on 1/11/05.
- QUESTION:L.22.214.171.124 (a) Matrix Content: (1) Project Name/Contract Title and Contract Number: How is Federal Government Service represented?
RESPONSE: We will modify item 1 to include service in a Federal Government agency.
- QUESTION:L.8 - The proposal due date does not match the proposal volume due dates specified in Section L.16.1.2. Please clarify.
RESPONSE: L.8 is correct. We will modify L.16.1.2.
- QUESTION:Will the Government consider allowing two additional pages each to provide an Executive Summary to introduce Volume I, Section 1 and Volume I section 2?
- QUESTION:Will the Government consider allowing two additional pages each to provide an Executive Summary to introduce Volume II Section 1 and Volume II Section 2?
- QUESTION:Will the Government consider allowing two additional pages to provide an Executive Summary to introduce Volume III?
- QUESTION:L.126.96.36.199 Volume III - Microsoft Excel (current version) formats; all spreadsheets must be contained in the same workbook. This is not feasible due to the size of the files especially if B-1 and B-2 are at the cost account level. This will exceed the limits of Microsoft Excel and will therefore require data to be broken into smaller files, which would make it more difficult to manage. Can the cost data be broken into smaller files? Combine - B-Tables - Are all B- tables required to be in Excel? For example, can the formats, particularly for text in the B-1 and B-2 tables, be submitted in Microsoft Word format instead of Excel? Can basis of estimates and justification be submitted in MS Word as long as the cost data is submitted in Excel?
RESPONSE: Yes, the cost data can be broken into smaller files. All tables other than Table B-1 should be in Excel. The text portion of the basis of estimate (Table B-1) can be submitted in MS Word as long as the cost data is in Excel.
- QUESTION:L.16.1.2 & L.188.8.131.52 - L.16.1.2 states "Six (6) CD-ROMs; one (1) original, and seven (7) hard copies." L.184.108.40.206 states "Six (6) hard copies of the cost proposal shall be submitted: one (1) original, four (4) copies with cost/price, and three (3) copies without cost/price but with basis of estimate assumptions only, such as hours or trips." This would be a total of five (5) or eight (8) if redacted copies are included. How many total copies and redacted copies are required?
RESPONSE: L.220.127.116.11 is correct. We will modify L.16.1.2.
- QUESTION:B-Tables B-36 through B-57
- Is the data in B-36 through B-57 the total of Phase I and Phase II combined?
- If the answer to a) is yes, in which section should these B-tables B-36 through B-57 be included?
RESPONSE: The instructions in Section L will now include a third section under the Cost Proposal titled "Summary Cost" for tables B-36 to B-57.
QUESTION:F.20 During performance in Phase I, are preparation costs incurred for the Phase II proposal reimbursable?
L.18.104.22.168, Volume I, Section 1; Similar Experience Project References. Volume I shall present evidence of the Offeror's and its Teaming Partners' similar experience on up to ten (1) contracts performed in the past eight (8) years, and must have been performed with the involvement of at least one (1) of the key personnel proposed for DRIS. In addition, similar experience NOT PERFORMED by at least (1) key personnel will not be considered. However, similar experience of key personnel at prior companies/organizations will be acceptable, should the Offeror deem these most relevant.
(4)Key Personnel: Enter the name(s) of the key personnel (that is, proposed as "key" in the Key Personnel section of this proposal) who performed the work and indicate the role this person or persons played on the project.
QUESTION: The intended relationship between proposed key personnel and similar experience/project references is unclear in this requirement. It is common practice to evaluate a specific individual's role in the success of a project when evaluating key personnel qualifications; however, it is unusual to evaluate projects not performed by member companies of a proposed team as representative of the team's corporate capabilities and experience. Offeror recommends that the BOC require all projects cited as past performance or similar experience to have been performed by one of the team member companies. Will BOC consider changing the requirement to reflect thisrequirement?
RESPONSE: We have modified the instructions in Section L.16.1.4 to "The first five of up to ten (10) similar experience performed in the past eight (8) years must have been performed with the involvement of at least one (1) of the key personnel proposed for DRIS. The remaining five similar experience performed may or may not involve key personnel for DRIS but must have been performed by one of the team member companies." We have also asked for one additional piece of information in the Similar Experience Matrix Template. Offerors will have to describe how they will leverage the relevant knowledege and lessons learned gained from the referenced project to the approach for the DRIS, including the use of staff not designated as key for DRIS.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau
Last Revised: March 17, 2010