The Chicago Regional Office is responsible for all data collection, data dissemination, and geographic operations under a new service area boundary. The Detroit and Kansas City Regional Offices closed in late 2012 and transferred responsibility for specific states to the Chicago Region.
States within the Chicago Region's service area include Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin. The new boundary is part of the Field Realignment as shown on this Map of New Regional Office Structure [PDF 632k]. During the transition, we remain committed to exceeding the high standards required by the Census Bureau to deliver excellent customer service.
Defining the past and measuring the present
in order to anticipate the future.
Stanley D. Moore, Regional Director
- America by the Numbers - Keep up with the latest news from the U.S. Census Bureau and other statistical agencies on C-SPAN's Washington Journal every Friday morning.
- Business.census.gov - Census Bureau launches new website to promote 2012 Economic Census.
- A Restructuring of Census Bureau Regional Offices - Census Bureau to Close Six Regional Offices.
- Apportionment and Redistricting Interactive Maps - Check out the Census Bureau interactive maps showing population changes.
- New American FactFinder - A fresh look, new tools and easier access to Census Bureau statistics.
- Data Products - Learn about other census data products and releases.
- Request a Workshop - Find out how to use census data products.
- How to Identify a Census Field Representative - Your safety and trust is important to us.
Chicago Regional Office
1111 W. 22nd Street, Suite 400
Oak Brook, IL 60523-1918
(630) 288-9200 or 1-800-865-6384
FAX: (630) 288-9288
TDD: (708) 562-1791