The Los Angeles Regional Office is responsible for all data collection, data dissemination, and geographic operations under a new service area boundary. The Seattle Regional Office closed in late 2012 and transferred all responsibilities to the Los Angeles Region. In addition, the Denver Region transferred its responsibility for Nevada.
States within the Los Angeles Region's service area include Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon and Washington. The new boundary is part of the Field Realignment as shown on this Map of New Regional Office Structure [PDF 632k]. We remain committed to exceeding the high standards required by the Census Bureau to deliver excellent customer service.
Defining the past and measuring the present
in order to anticipate the future.
James T. Christy, Regional Director
- America by the Numbers - Keep up with the latest news from the U.S. Census Bureau and other statistical agencies on C-SPAN's Washington Journal every Friday morning.
- Business.census.gov - Census Bureau launches new website to promote 2012 Economic Census.
- A Restructuring of Census Bureau Regional Offices - Census Bureau to Close Six Regional Offices.
- Apportionment and Redistricting Interactive Maps - Check out the Census Bureau interactive maps showing population changes.
- New American FactFinder - A fresh look, new tools and easier access to Census Bureau statistics.
- Data Products - Learn about other census data products and releases.
- Request a Workshop - Find out how to use census data products.
- Part-Time Field Representative Position [PDF] - Job information and how to apply.
- How to Identify a Census Field Representative - Your safety and trust is important to us.
Los Angeles Regional Office
15350 Sherman Way, Suite 400
Van Nuys, CA 91406-4224
(818) 267-1700 or 1-800-992-3530
FAX: (818) 267-1711
TDD: (818) 904-6249