The New York Regional Office is responsible for all data collection, data dissemination, and geographic operations under a new service area boundary. The Boston Regional Office closed in late 2012 and transferred all responsibilities to the New York Region. In addition, the Philadelphia Region transferred its responsibilities for New Jersey counties.
States within the New York Region's service area include Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont and Puerto Rico. The new boundary is part of the Field Realignment as shown on this Map of New Regional Office Structure [PDF 632k]. During the transition, we remain committed to exceeding the high standards required by the Census Bureau to deliver excellent customer service.
Defining the past and measuring the present
in order to anticipate the future.
Jeff T. Behler, Regional Director
- America by the Numbers - Keep up with the latest news from the U.S. Census Bureau and other statistical agencies on C-SPAN's Washington Journal every Friday morning.
- Business.census.gov - Census Bureau launches new website to promote 2012 Economic Census.
- A Restructuring of Census Bureau Regional Offices - Census Bureau to Close Six Regional Offices.
- Apportionment and Redistricting Interactive Maps - Check out the Census Bureau interactive maps showing population changes.
- New American FactFinder - A fresh look, new tools and easier access to Census Bureau statistics.
- Data Products - Learn about other census data products and releases.
- Request a Workshop - Find out how to use census data products.
- How to Identify a Census Field Representative - Your safety and trust is important to us.
New York Regional Office
395 Hudson Street, Suite 800
New York, NY 10014
(212) 584-3400 or 1-800-991-2520
FAX: (212) 478-4800
TDD: (212) 478-4793