The Philadelphia Regional Office is responsible for all data collection, data dissemination, and geographic operations under a new service area boundary. The Charlotte and Detroit Regional Offices closed in late 2012 and transferred the responsibility for specific states to the Philadelphia Region. The boundary change also includes the transfer of New Jersey counties to the New York Region.
States within the Philadelphia Region's service area include Delaware, District of Columbia, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia. The new boundary is part of the Field Realignment as shown on this Map of New Regional Office Structure [PDF 632k]. We remain committed to exceeding the high standards required by the Census Bureau to deliver excellent customer service.
Defining the past and measuring the present
in order to anticipate the future.
Fernando E. Armstrong, Regional Director
- America by the Numbers - Keep up with the latest news from the U.S. Census Bureau and other statistical agencies on C-SPAN's Washington Journal every Friday morning.
- Business.census.gov - Census Bureau launches new website to promote 2012 Economic Census.
- A Restructuring of Census Bureau Regional Offices - Census Bureau to Close Six Regional Offices.
- Apportionment and Redistricting Interactive Maps - Check out the Census Bureau interactive maps showing population changes.
- New American FactFinder - A fresh look, new tools and easier access to Census Bureau statistics.
- Data Products - Learn about other census data products and releases.
- Request a Workshop - Find out how to use census data products.
- How to Identify a Census Field Representative - Your safety and trust is important to us.
Philadelphia Regional Office
833 Chestnut Street
5th Floor, Suite 504
Philadelphia, PA 19107-4405
(215) 717-1800 or 1-800-262-4236
FAX: (215) 717-2588
TDD: (215) 717-0894