Vehicle Inventory and Use Survey - Discontinued
TRANSPORTATION RELATED CENSUS BUREAU PROGRAMS
OTHER TRANSPORTATION RELATED DATA
- 2001 National Household
Travel Survey - Provides information at the national level on the relationships
between the characteristics of personal travel and the demographics of the
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics:
TranStats - Highlights include a searchable index, selective downloads,
interactive analytic tools, and a mapping center with the full National
Transportation Atlas Data Base.
- Census Transportation Planning
Package 2000 - Designed for transportation planners, it contains tabulations
by place of residence, place of work, and for flows between home and work.
- Center for Transportation Analysis
- Develops integrated intermodal transportation solutions through innovative
and cost-effective research and development.
- Energy Information
Administration: Transportation - Highlights include regional driving
costs, regional energy profiles, fleets of alternative fuel providers, and
- Environmental Protection Agency:
Fuel Economy Guide - Includes data on gas mileage, greenhouse gas emissions,
air pollution ratings, safety information for new and used cars and trucks,
- Environmental Protectin Agency:
Transportation and Air Quality - Includes data on pollutants and programs;
consumer information; on-road and nonroad engines and vehicles; fuel additives;
and modeling, testing, and research.
- Federal Highway
Administration: Office of Freight Management and Operations - Provide
coverage on freight issues, trends, and programs. Highlights include data
by state, including commodity flows, truck fleet characteristics, truck
size and weight enforcement activities, points of contact, and more.
- Federal Highway Administration:
Office of Highway Policy Information - Collects, analyzes and distributes
highway related data from federal, state and local sources. Selected documents
and periodicals are available.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration:
Analysis and Information Online - Highlights include SafeStat, crash
profiles (e.g., Fatality Analysis Reporting System), program measures (i.e.,
traffic enforcement), NAFTA safety stats, and analysis reports.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Sets and enforces safety performance and fuel economy standards for motor
vehicles and motor vehicle equipment.
- The North American Transportation
Statistics Online Database (NATS-OD)
- Transportation Research Board
- Disseminates transportation research results and technology information
through an extensive array of timely publications.
- U.S. Department
of Energy: FreedomCAR and Vehicle Technologies - Focuses government
support on fundamental, high-risk research that applies to multiple passenger-vehicle
models and emphasizes the development of fuel cells and hydrogen infrastructure