Data Request Information for Customers
Before submitting a data request, companies that are wholly owned subsidiaries must check with its parent company to verify if a previous request has been submitted to the Census Bureau. The Census Bureau will only honor one free request per company per 365 day period.
When making a data request you must submit a request letter on your company letterhead addressed to:
Mr. Joe A. Cortez
Chief, Regulations, Outreach, and Education Branch
U.S. Census Bureau
4600 Silver Hill Road - Room 6K125
Suitland, MD 20746 (if sent by FedEx) or Washington DC 20233 (Regular
The signed request letter request must include:
- Reason for request (i.e. internal company audit);
- *EIN(s) and names of the requesting company and all subsidiaries, affiliates, or business units.
- Indication of whether your company is a United States Principal Party in Interest (USPPI) or the Authorized Agent (see
Foreign Trade Regulations section 30.1 and 30.6(b)(1));
- Contact Information: Name, Address, Phone Number, Fax Number, and Email Address; and
- A copy of the signed Certification of Authority (found below).
A company may receive 12 months of data free of charge every 365 days.
- If a company requests more than 12 months of data, the company will be charged $125 for each additional month.
- If a company makes more than one request in a 365 day time period, the company will be charged $125 for each month in the additional request(s).
If you are submitting a request requiring payment, please provide a check payable to Commerce/Census/FTD and send to the above address or send the Credit Card Form (found below) to our secure fax at 301-763-8835.
*Please Note: Requests typically are processed within 2-4 weeks; however, requests that contain 25 or more EINs may take one month or longer to process.
Credit Card Form [PDF, 72.2k]
of Authority [PDF, 156k].