Exports of Articles Previously Imported for Repair or Alterations; Instruments of International Traffic; Articles Donated for Relief or Charity, N.E.S.O.I.; Military Wearing Apparel; Military Equipment Not Identified by Kind
For the purpose of Schedule B number 9801.10.0000, the value of repairs or alterations made in the United States shall be:
Reported only for articles previously imported for repairs or alterations.
The total cost of the repair or alteration (including parts and labor); or
If no charge is made, the value to the exporter of such repair or alteration.
Shipping containers leaving the United States strictly as instruments of international traffic (i.e., in their capacity as carriers of merchandise), and not for sale or transfer of ownership, are not considered to be exported; therefore, such containers ar
e not required to be reported on the shipper's export declaration. However, they may be:
Reported (if for any reason the exporter wishes to record their movement) under Schedule B number 9801.20.0000, whether loaded or empty; and
The value reported for such instruments of international traffic shall exclude the value of the contents (if any) of such containers.
This chapter does not cover:
Articles exported after having been imported temporarily under bond for processing (HTSUSA number 9813.00.0520).
Those food products donated for relief or charity provided for in chapters 1 through 16 when shipped individually in bulk.
Shipments of commodities for relief or charitable purposes by government agencies, except used wearing apparel donated by government agencies.
Schedule B No. and Headings
Unit of Quantity
Special Classification Provisions
- Exports of articles previously imported for repairs or alterations; instruments of international traffic:
- - Value of repairs or alterations of previously imported articles, repaired or altered prior to exportation from the United States
- - Shipping containers as instruments of international traffic
- Articles donated for relief or charity:
- - Commingled food products, donated for relief or charity by individuals or private agencies
- - Medicinal and pharmaceutical products donated for relief or charity by individuals or private agencies
- - All wearing apparel (including footwear and headwear) donated for relief or charity by individuals or private agencies, and used wearing apparel donated for relief or charity by government agencies
- - Articles donated for relief or charity by individuals or private agencies, n.e.s.o.i.
- Military wearing apparel, military equipment not identified by kind:
- - Military wearing apparel of all types and materials, including footwear and headwear