Skip Main Navigation Skip To Navigation Content


You are here: Census.govGeographyPartnerships › Boundary and Annexation Survey County Consolidation Agreements
Skip top of page navigation
Skip top of page navigation

Boundary and Annexation Survey (BAS) County Consolidation Agreements

To reduce the burden on local governments and avoid duplication of efforts, the Census Bureau offers consolidation agreements to counties that are interested in submitting boundary changes for the legal governments (incorporated places and minor civil divisions) within their jurisdiction. The consolidated BAS (CBAS) program allows counties to report boundary and feature changes for some or all of the legal governments within their county.  Once a local government agrees to the consolidation, the local government will no longer receive BAS materials.  Instead, the county BAS respondent will be responsible for providing the Census Bureau with all boundary updates.

If your county is interested in establishing a BAS consolidation agreement, please complete the consolidated BAS form (BAS-6) below or contact the Legal Areas Team in our Geography Division by telephone at 301-763-1099 or e-mail The Consolidated BAS form records whether a legal government agrees to be included in the consolidated county-level BAS response. The legal governments that agree to the consolidated response will no longer receive a BAS package each year.

Consolidated BAS Form [PDF]

Current County Consolidation Agreements [XLS] [TXT]

[PDF] or PDF denotes a file in Adobe’s Portable Document Format. To view the file, you will need the Adobe® Reader® Off Site available free from Adobe. [Excel] or the letters [xls] indicate a document is in the Microsoft® Excel® Spreadsheet Format (XLS). To view the file, you will need the Microsoft® Excel® Viewer Off Site available for free from Microsoft®. This symbol Off Site indicates a link to a non-government web site. Our linking to these sites does not constitute an endorsement of any products, services or the information found on them. Once you link to another site you are subject to the policies of the new site.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau | Geography | (301) 763-1128 |  Last Revised: March 09, 2015