Introducing a new way to navigate by topics. Access the latest news, data, publications and more around topics of interest.
Our population statistics cover age, sex, race, Hispanic origin, migration, ancestry, language use, veterans, as well as population estimates and projections.
This section provides information on a range of educational topics, from educational attainment and school enrollment to school districts, costs and financing.
We measure the state of the nations workforce, including employment and unemployment levels, weeks and hours worked, occupations, and commuting.
Our statistics highlight trends in household and family composition, describe characteristics of the residents of housing units, and show how they are related.
Health statistics on insurance coverage, disability, fertility and other health issues are increasingly important in measuring the nation's overall well-being.
We measure the housing and construction industry, track homeownership rates, and produce statistics on the physical and financial characteristics of our homes.
The U.S. Census Bureau is the official source for U.S. export and import statistics and regulations governing the reporting of exports from the U.S.
The U.S. Census Bureau provides data for the Federal, state and local governments as well as voting, redistricting, apportionment and congressional affairs.
Search an alphabetical index of keywords and phrases to access Census Bureau statistics, publications, products, services, data, and data tools.
Geography provides the framework for Census Bureau survey design, sample selection, data collection, tabulation, and dissemination.
Geography is central to the work of the Bureau, providing the framework for survey design, sample selection, data collection, tabulation, and dissemination.
Find resources on how to use geographic data and products with statistical data, educational blog postings, and presentations.
The Geographic Support System Initiative will integrate improved address coverage, spatial feature updates, and enhanced quality assessment and measurement.
Work with interactive mapping tools from across the Census Bureau.
Find geographic data and products such as Shapefiles, KMLs, TIGERweb, boundary files, geographic relationship files, and reference and thematic maps.
Metropolitan and micropolitan areas are geographic entities used by Federal statistical agencies in collecting, tabulating, and publishing Federal statistics.
Find information about specific partnership programs and learn more about our partnerships with other organizations.
Definitions of geographic terms, why geographic areas are defined, and how the Census Bureau defines geographic areas.
We conduct research on geographic topics such as how to define geographic areas and how geography changes over time.
Visit our library of Census Bureau multimedia files. Collection formats include audio, video, mobile apps, images, and publications.
Official audio files from the Census Bureau, including "Profile America," a daily series of bite-sized statistics, placing current data in a historical context.
Infographics include information on the Census Bureau's history of data collection, our nation's veterans and the American Community Survey.
Stock photos that illustrate official Census Bureau operations and activities.
Read briefs and reports from Census Bureau experts.
Watch Census Bureau vignettes, testimonials, and video files.
Read research analyses from Census Bureau experts.
Access data through products and tools including data visualizations, mobile apps, interactive web apps and other software.
Developer portal to access services and documentation for the Census Bureau's APIs.
Explore Census Bureau data on your mobile device with interactive tools.
Find a multitude of DVDs, CDs and publications in print by topic.
These external sites provide more data.
Download extraction tools to help you get the in-depth data you need.
Learn more about our data from this collection of e-tutorials, presentations, webinars and other training materials. Sign up for training sessions.
Explore Census data with interactive visualizations covering a broad range of topics.
Learn how we serve the public as the most reliable source of data about the nation's people and economy.
Information about the U.S. Census Bureau.
Information about what we do at the U.S. Census Bureau.
Our researchers explore innovative ways to conduct surveys, increase respondent participation, reduce costs, and improve accuracy.
Our surveys provide periodic and comprehensive statistics about the nation, critical for government programs, policies, and decisionmaking.
Learn about other opportunities to collaborate with us.
Explore the rich historical background of an organization with roots almost as old as the nation.
Explore prospective positions available at the U.S. Census Bureau.
Information about the current field vacancies available at the U.S. Census Bureau Regional Offices.
Discover the latest in Census Bureau data releases, reports, and events.
The Census Bureau's Director writes on how we measure America's people, places and economy.
Find interesting and quirky statistics regarding national celebrations and major events.
Profile America is a daily, 60-second feature that uses interesting vignettes for that day to highlight information collected by the Census Bureau.
Find media toolkits, advisories, and all the latest Census news.
See what's coming up in releases and reports.
|1-10||HS||10-digit harmonized commodity classification code (HTSUSA number).|
|11-14||COUNTRY||4-digit country of origin code (Schedule C).|
|15-16||COUNTRY SUBCODE||2-digit country subcode.
- '00' = Country of origin
- '01' = Country of shipment, country of origin unknown
- 'A ' = All Developing Beneficiary Countries; Eligible for All Articles (GSP)
- 'A*' = Certain Develping Beneficiary
Countries; Not Eligible for Specific Articles (GSP)
- 'A+' = All Least Develped Beneficiary
Countries; Eligible for All Articles (GSP)
- 'B ' = Automotive Products Trade Act (APTA)
- 'C ' = Agreement on Trade in Civil Aircraft
- 'CA' = NAFTA goods marked as Canada
- 'CL' = Products of Chile under designated
provision of the HTSUSA (New 01/2004)
- 'D ' = African Growth and Opportunity Act (New 01/2001)
- 'E ' = All articles elibible under designated provision of the HTSUSA (CBI)
- 'E*' = Articles or specific countries not eligible under the designated provision of the
- 'IL' = Israel Free Trade Area Implementation Act
- 'J ' = Articles eligible from beneficiary countries under provision of the HTUSA (ATPA)
- 'J*' = Articles eligible from beneficiary countries under provision of the HTUSA with
- 'J+' = Articles elsibible from beneficiary countries under provision of the HTSUSA (ATPA)
- 'JO' = Jordon free Trade Act of 2002
- 'K ' = Agreement on Trade in Pharmaceutical Products
- 'L ' = Concessions on Intermediate Chemicals for Dyes
- 'MX' = NAFTA goods marked as Mexico
- 'N ' = Duty-free code for West Bank and Gaza Strip
- 'R ' = Caribbean Basin Trade Partnership Act (New 01/2001)
- 'SG' = Products of Singapore under designated provision of the HTSUSA (New 01/2004)
- 'W ' = Puerto Rican product under
Customs and Trade Act of 1990
- 'Z' = Marshall Islands and the Federated States of Micronesia Compact of Free Association Act
|17||PROGRAM INDICATOR||1-digit secondary special program
- 'F' = Certified hand-loomed or folklore product
- 'G' = Made to measure Hong Kong suits
- 'H' = Special regime commodity
- 'M' = Fashion Samples and Chinese Floor Coverings
- 'S' = Outward Processing Program for textiles and apparel. (eff 1/2000)
- 'V' = Set components
- 'X' = ***Discontinued 07/93
|18-19||US_GOODS||2-digit Census special
- '01' = HTSUSA 9802.00.5010 articles repaired or assembled abroad.
- '02' = HTSUSA 9802.00.8040 articles repaired or assembled abroad.
- '03' = HTSUSA 9802.00.6000 articles of metal manufactured in the .which were exported for
further processing abroad and returned to the U.S. for more processing
- '04' = HTSUSA 9802.00.8015 textile articles assembled abroad and entered under a special access program. (9802.00.8010 before January 1, 1994)
- '05' = HTSUSA 9802.00.8016 textile articles assembled abroad and entered under a special access program. (Effective January 1, 2000)
- '06' = HTUSA 9802.00.8042 Apparel articles
- '07' = HTUSA 9802.00.8044 Apparel articles
- '08' = HTUSA 9802.00.8046(CBTPA)
- '09' = HTUSA 9802.00.8048(ATPDEA)
- '10' = HTSUSA 9802.00.8055 textile or apparel goods assembled in Mexico.
- '11' = HTSUSA 9802.00.8068 articles
assembled abroad and enteredunder a Special Access Program. (9802.00.8066 before November 2002 and 9802.00.8065 before January 2002
- '12' = HTSUSA 9802.00.9000 textile and apparel goods assembled in Mexico from U.S. formed and cut fabric.
|20-21||DISTRICT ENTRY||2-digit Customs district of entry.|
|22-23||DISTRICT UNLADING||2-digit Customs district of unlading code (Schedule D).|
|24-25||RATE PROVISION||2-digit rate provision code.
- '00' = Item entered into warehouse or foreign trade zone, duty not applicable
- '10','11','13','14','16','17','18' or '19' = Free Rate Provisions
- '61' = "General" rates apply
- '62' = "Column 2" rates apply
- '64' = "Special" NAFTA, Israel or ATPA trade agreement rates
- '69' = Chapter 99 rates apply - duty reported
- '70' = Various or special rates prescribed in rates of duty columns of HTSUSA chapters 01-97
- '79' = Chapter 99 rates apply - no duty reported
|26-27||STAT_MO||2-digit statistical month.|
|31-42||CONSUMPTION QTY1||12-digit numeric consumption primary quantity.|
|43-54||CONSUMPTION QTY2||12-digit numeric consumption secondary quantity.|
|55-66||CONSUMPTION VALUE||12-digit numeric consumption Customs value (in dollars).|
|67-78||CONSUMPTION US VALUE||12-digit numeric consumption value of the merchandise portion originating in the U.S. (in dollars).|
|79-90||CONSUMPTION CHARGES||12-digit numeric consumption aggregate charges (in dollars).|
|91-102||CONSUMPTION CIF||12-digit numeric consumption cost, insurance and freight.|
|103-114||GENERAL QTY1||12-digit numeric general primary quantity.|
|115-126||GENERAL QTY2||12-digit numeric general secondary quantity.|
|127-138||GENERAL VALUE||12-digit numeric general Customs value (in dollars).|
|139-150||GENERAL US VALUE||12-digit numeric general value of the merchandise portion originating in the U.S. (in dollars).|
|151-162||GENERAL CHARGES||12-digit numeric general aggregate charges (in dollars).|
|163-174||GENERAL CIF||12-digit numeric general cost, insurance and freight.|
|175-178||STAT_YEAR||4-digit statistical year.|