We can design trade data reports to fit your specific needs!
Track the trade of a specific commodity, monitor trading trends with
a specific country, or create monthly or annual time series data...the
Foreign Trade Division has it all! Reports are available from 1989 to
the present (over 10 years of data). We can provide them for you quickly
- often the same day!
This special service enables data users to obtain information in greater
detail, or in a different arrangement than that available in our standard
data products. These trade reports are designed for your specific needs.
We can create reports to meet your unique specifications... commodity,
country, district, state, port, or various commodity classification system.
Here is just a sample of what you can order!
Prices and delivery time-frame vary, depending on the details of the
request. Paper reports, as well as a number of file formats (ASCII, Excel,
dBase, Access, SAS, etc.) are available for your choosing.
To request a cost estimate for a customized report, call
301-763-2311 or e-mail the FTD
Data Dissemination Branch. To facilitate your request, have
the following information available:
- Contact information
- Email address
- Phone/fax number
- The type of data you are ordering
- Frequency of the data
- Type of classification system (HS, SITC, End Use, NAICS)
- Level of detail
- All codes, or just specific codes?
- No commodity detail?
- All countries
- Specific countries
- No country detail?
detail requested (see our U.S.
Port Data page for information on port-level data requests)
- All districts
- Specific districts
- No district detail?
- Any additional notes about your request?
Return to Contents
FTD Web News
What is required for me to ship charity goods to Haiti?
From GLOBAL REACH: "In order to facilitate the movements of these goods, we offer the following guidance that applies to any goods not requiring a license, such as food, clothing, and medicines." (January 22, 2010)
Foreign Trade has GLOBAL REACH
Foreign Trade has just created and published its official blog, "Global Reach." Visit it to discuss the Foreign Trade Regulations, Export Filing (AES), Trade Data, and other trade related topics. Posts are current and relevant to you as the filer, exporter, data user, or curious blog reader. (January 5, 2010)
FTZ: Guidelines for Submtting Statistical Data
(PDF) (1.8 MB)
Guidelines and best practices for fulfilling FTZ's statistical reporting requirements are now available.
NEW EXPORT TRAINING VIDEOS!!!
- Training videos on topics such as the Foreign Trade Regulations, AESDirect, NAFTA, Taxes/Tariffs, Commodities, etc. now available!
2009 Constant Dollar Data
- The Census Bureau identified a processing error that caused incorrect deflators to be applied to the revised data for 2009. The data have been corrected.
2009 DATA PRODUCT CHANGES
- U.S. Census Bureau will modify the structure of several data products to accommodate changing technology and user demand.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS
- The export environment has dramatically changed. Come and understand what it takes to remain compliant, aware and out of trouble.
2003 AES Option 4 Moratorium
Option 4 Filing Review Process Suspended
AES Compliance Best Practices:
Best Practices for maintaining AES Compliance are now available.
Related Party Database Application:
Time series RELATED PARTY data for specific commodities and countries.
ORDER AND DOWNLOAD FOREIGN TRADE DATA PRODUCTS:
- Online Order Form
- FTD DropBox
- Merchandise Trade Downloads
NEW Schedule B Search Engine:
It's new. It's flexible. It has more options.
NEWEST TRADE DATA!
- Get the basics!
- Learn more!