FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: WEDNESDAY, JAN. 4, 2012
Note to Correspondents: New and Improved Features on Census.gov Home Page
The Census Bureau has launched a newly redesigned home page in the first of many enhancements to Census.gov over the coming year.
The new features improve navigation and ease of use, thereby making content more accessible, comprehensible and interesting to the broadest possible audience.
Some of the new features reporters will find include:
A top drop-down menu for quick navigation to key topics.
- An embeddable dashboard in the upper right corner featuring our economic indicators. Reporters can subscribe to receive automatic updates.
- A prominent "Census News" section in the middle of the page.
- A new interactive map showing in-depth business and demographic information for the nation, states and counties.
- A "Stat of the Day" highlighting statistics across all the data collected by the Census Bureau.
- A "mega footer" with links categorized under familiar topics and highly trafficked pages.
- A feature for users to provide feedback .
Those familiar with features and links such as QuickFacts and the 2010 Population Finder will still find them on the new home page. Users have not lost any features in the transition.