This webinar will provide you with a deeper understanding of how the questions and concepts of race and ethnicity are operationalized in the Census. Topics covered will include:
- What is race?
- What is ethnicity?
- History of race and ethnicity in the United States decennial census
- U.S. Office of Management and Budget Standards on Race and Ethnicity
- Why data on race and ethnicity is important
- 2020 Census question design improvements for race and ethnicity
- Common responses to the questions on race and ethnicity and how these responses are interpreted by the Census Bureau