What Is National Small Business Week?
For more than 50 years, the U.S. Small Business Administration has celebrated National Small Business Week (NSBW), which recognizes the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners.
As part of NSBW, the Small Business Administration takes the opportunity to highlight the impact of outstanding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and others who support entrepreneurship from all 50 states, Washington, D.C. and the U.S. territories.
This year’s NSBW will recognize small businesses that have navigated the coronavirus pandemic while supporting their employees and communities.
Upcoming Virtual Event
National Small Business Week 3-Day Virtual Summit
The U.S. Small Business Administration is hosting a National Small Business Week Virtual Summit September 13–15. Attend this free, online event to learn new business strategies, meet other business owners, and chat with industry experts. The 3-day event will include educational webinars, updates on resources for small businesses, and a networking chat room for business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs. There will be a number of presenters providing retooling and innovative practices for entrepreneurs as our nation’s small businesses look to pivot and recover from the coronavirus pandemic toward a stronger economy.
Small Business Resources
- Business and Economy
- America Counts Stories
- Data Tools
- Infographics and Visualizations
- Census Academy Data Training
Sign up here to get important Census Bureau updates, news, and data delivered right to your inbox.
Questions? Contact the Data User and Trade Outreach Branch at 1 (800) 242-2184 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Featured Data Products and Tools for Small Businesses
- COVID-19 Data Hub
- Small Business Pulse Survey
- Census Business Builder 3.4
- Business Formation Statistics
Small Business Stories from #AmericaCounts
- U.S. Small Businesses Suffer Supply Chain Disruptions
- What is a Small Business ?
- Self-Employed Adults Hit Harder by Pandemic-Related Business Downturns in Hardest-Hit States
- 2017 Economic Census Data Breaks Out Industry Growth, Changes By State
- New Small Business Pulse Survey Shows Breadth of COVID-19 Impact on Businesses
- Where Do New Businesses Emerge?
- Who Would Buy Your Products Overseas?
- Can Census Bureau Data Drive Business Growth and Job Creation?
- America Keeps on Truckin’
Small Business Data and Flyers
- County Business Patterns: Provides sub-national economic data by industry and employment size. Includes the number of establishments, employment, first quarter payroll and annual payroll. Download PDF Flyer
- Nonemployer Statistics (NES): Provides sub-national economic data for businesses that have no paid employees and are subject to federal income tax. Download PDF Flyer
- Nonemployer Statistics by Demographics (NES-D): Provides demographic characteristics for nonemployer businesses in the United States.
- Annual Business Survey (ABS): Provides economic and demographic information for businesses and business owners (including employment and receipts size) as well as other business characteristics such as innovation. Download PDF Flyer
- Statistics of U.S. Businesses (SUSB): Provides national and sub-national data on the distribution of economic data by enterprise size and industry.
- Economic Census: Every five years, the Economic Census provides detailed information on all businesses, covering most industries and all geographic areas of the United States.
- American Community Survey: The American Community Survey is the premier source for information about America's changing population, housing and workforce.
- Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics (LEHD): Provides unique linked employer-employee data for the United States used to research and characterize workforce dynamics by industry.
- Business Dynamics Statistics (BDS): Provides annual measures of business dynamics for the economy, aggregated by establishment and firm characteristics.
- Download Census Business Builder Small Business Edition Version 3.4 PDF Flyer
- Download Census Business Builder Regional Analyst Edition Version 3.4 PDF Flyer
- Download Business Formation Statistics PDF Flyer
Learn About Small Business Data
Learn more about small business data and explore our recorded webinars, data training videos and more.
- Recorded Webinar Coming Soon: Franchising in America: Key Data from the 2017 Economic Census
- Recorded Webinar Coming Soon: Business Formation Statistics
- Recorded Webinar Coming Soon: What's New in CBB 3.4 - Metros, Industry Clusters, and More...
Help Us Spread the Word
Help us spread the word about National Small Business Week and Census Bureau data! We encourage you to tag the Census Bureau and include a link to our posts whenever possible.
- Use the hashtags #SmallBusinessWeek and #CensusEconData in your social media posts
- Follow the Census Bureau on social media