FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 03, 2020
Census Bureau Updates Census Business Builder to Version 3.2
Release Number CB20-TPS.79
NOV. 3, 2020 —Recently the U.S. Census Bureau released the version 3.2 update to Census Business Builder (CBB). CBB is a suite of services that provide selected demographic and economic data tailored to specific types of users in a simple to access and use format. The latest version includes new function features and data from the 2014-2018 American Community Survey, Quarterly Workforce Indicators (QWI) and Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages.
- New QWI data for the fourth quarter of 2019 and Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages data for the first quarter 2020.
- Based on user feedback, new data on vehicles available, internet access, language spoken at home, median age, number of housing units, and the percentage male/female population from the ACS.
Additional functionality updates for the Small Business Edition and Regional Analyst Edition:
- Automatic hiding of sections that are not applicable to user-selected industry and geographic area, which provides simplified the reports.
- Additional charted territory and USA topographic base maps that make it easier to find research areas.
- Clearer messaging that explains why data appear in gray on the map—either because the value is zero or to protect the privacy of individual businesses.
No news release associated with this product. Tip sheet only.